Imagine how hard just one bee works in a single day. Bees tend to at least 2,000 flowers daily, with tiny wings beating 10,000 times per minute, carrying pollen, and dramatically assisting our food supply.
Sound exhausting? Bees get thirsty, and they need safe water sources. The problem is water is not always available.
Bees need very shallow water to drink from. However, shallow water evaporates quickly. Birdbaths are not the best option as bees tend to drown if the water is not be shallow enough. As for river and lakes, bees risk their lives trying to get water in the presence of fishes, frogs, and other wildlife, not to mention the risk of being swept away in water currents.
To help hydrate our little pollinators, set up a water feeder by filling a pie pan with marbles and then water. The marbles give the bees a spot to land so that they don’t drown when they come to drink. No more drowned bees!
Source: Natural Cures
im always saving bees from drowning in my pool :( i want to do this
people who know the next letter of the alphabet without singing the song are terrifying
Watercolor and pens, liking this mix
See this hat? Tis’ my cat.
*talks about u behind ur back but in a supportive way about how cool u are and how much i love u*
♡ GAY FURRY REDUX EDIT ♡
this is my first redux edit and im releasing it to the world!
- NOTE: make sure you turn the sideimg button off if you dont want weird spaces in your sidebar, or on if you dont want your image to float over everything
- 250px / 400px / 500px
- side image / sidebar image / favicon
- colors: bg / post bg / sidebar bg / posts, sidebar, title, permalink, link, link hover, bold, and italic text / blockquote / audio player / borders / a million things basically
- if you turn on transparent posts/sidebar you can control the opacity!
- image opacity, full opacity on hover
- drop down navigation, hover, or regular button links